5 WAYS TO EVALUATE PHARMACY INTERNSHIPS

While internships are an important experience for pharmacy students, not every opportunity is equal. Some do a wonderful job of preparing students, and others leave something to be desired. Here are a five factors to consider when evaluating a potential internship.
1. Review deadlines and requirements
Different pharmacy internships have different deadlines and requirements. Some internships have a certain year or major they’re looking for. Read the website closely to understand if you have fulfilled all the requirements, and heed warning, sometimes different sections of the website offer slightly different information. If you’re confused, give them a call!
2. Start your internship search early
There are many perks of starting your internship search early. The earlier you start your internship search, the more time you have to ask coordinators questions and receive responses before submitting applications. For internships that allow hands-on clinical experience or shadowing, you have to complete health forms, and filling them out incorrectly can delay the process. Additionally, with rolling admissions, applications are reviewed as they come in, which means your chances of acceptance are higher when you apply early!
3. Learn from the experiences of past interns
Websites typically provide very limited insight and a biased perspective on the daily activities of their internships. Most of the time, they state in the description that every intern’s experience is different, which isn’t exactly helpful. As websites can only provide the basic structure of an internship (weekly seminars, luncheon, presentations, etc.), to better understand the experience of past interns, use websites like Glassdoor or LinkedIn. Glassdoor allows previous interns to leave honest, anonymous reviews. LinkedIn is an effective way to find past interns and directly ask them questions about their experience. Always remember to take everything with a grain of salt!
4. Set realistic expectations
As per the advice of my former pharmacy supervisor, students that start an internship with realistic expectations are the ones that have the best experiences. It’s okay to enter an experience with high hopes, but remember that as a student you are not yet a licensed professional, so you are limited in the role you are legally and ethically allowed to play. Depending on the internship, you’ll likely learn how to keep things running smoothly, be able to sit in on department conferences, and/or make the rounds. Remember, never be afraid to ask questions and always ask for feedback.
5. Ask for help reviewing
Ask and you shall receive. Politely ask more experienced peers or mentors to look over your cover letters, resume, or CV—and don’t forget to thank them!
While this is not an all-inclusive list of factors to consider when evaluating pharmacy internships, I hope it helps you in the process!

Comments


  1. I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world has crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from churches to churches but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the herbal world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could severe, cos I heard that the African Herbs had a cure to the Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Itua(A powerful African Herbal Doctor), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that negative,Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Shingles, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid,Parkinson's,Alzheimer’s disease,Bechet’s disease,Crohn’s disease
    ,Cushing’s disease,Heart failure,Multiple Sclerosis,HypertensionFatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Autism,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Seizures,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases,,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.
    Dementia.,Lyme Disease,,Non Hodgkin Lymphoma,Skin Cancer,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer Dercum,Hpv,Weak Erection,Infertility,fibromyalgia,Get Your Ex Back,Als,SYPHILLIS,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Breast CANCER,Lung Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Autism,Brain Cancer,Genetic disease,Epilepsy, Parkinson's disease..You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Herbal Doctor via this e-mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com / info@drituaherbalcenter.com. or call and whatsapp him on +2348149277967 He will help you and his herb medication is sure. he has the cure on all disease .You can talk to me on INSTAGRAM..tashamoore219....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

China-India joint summit discusses bilateral trade to improve pharma industry

Webinar on ‘OPPORTUNITY TO COMMERCIALIZE HERBAL RESEARCH’